Rotarians have put Service Above Self for more than a century. Through the Avenue of Community Service, Rotarians give back to the places they live in. The projects are as varied as the Rotary clubs that carry them out, but all address the needs of a particular group.
The Rotary Club of Easton engages in a variety of community service activities each year.
- During the week of Valentine’s Day we present teddy bears to patients in the cancer ward at Easton Hospital.
- Several times a year Rotarians volunteer their time to help with community projects. A recent example is serving lunch to YMCA summer campers at their Field Day at Nazareth Borough Park.
- We partner with other organizations to distribute books to elementary school children in the Easton School District. Rotarians volunteer to help present the books and then read to the children.
- In honor of our 100th anniversary (2015-16) we have pledged a gift of $100,000 to purchase a truck and trailer for the Mobile “Healthy Food” Market project.
- In August 2011 Easton Rotary committed $100,000 to the Miracle League of Northampton County in honor of our upcoming 100th Anniversary year in 2015. This establishes the Rotary Club of Easton as the Founding Partner; and the facility at the Chrin Center in Palmer Township will be named Easton Rotary Field.
For more information on our activities, select any of the images below.
Valentines Day Teddy Bears
Books for Children
Miracle League of Northampton County
Mobile “Healthy Food” Market