October 12, 2017. Our program featured a Club Assembly. Last week’s evening social received strong positive feedback. Attendance was high and the social aspect was great. The next edition will be on November 2 and will feature the Easton Chamber of Commerce. Please remember to bring family and guests. Discussion points included:
- Membership remains a prime issue for the Club. This is perhaps the least unique thing about Easton Rotary. Clubs all over North America are struggling with this issue. The Club is aging and it is increasingly difficult to attract younger members. Perhaps an incentive program would help. Maybe lower dues or subsidized meals.
- The Club is seeking ideas for hands-on volunteer opportunities. Ideally these would be “done in a day” projects.
- We need to continue trying new things and see what works. Other area Clubs seem to do well with recruiting although retention is not always strong. Perhaps we should reach out to Clubs that are having success.
- The Club could participate in raising funds for the popular ShelterBox program. The Club Foundation could possibly match the funds.
- October 24 is World Polio Day. The Club could consider some version of the World’s Greatest Meal program.